By default, you can use the built-in filters within the Metadata overview macro. But it may be inconvenient as you need to edit the macro all the time for an update of its Filtering criteria.
Here, we can use the capabilities of Table Filter and Charts add-on. The Table Filter macro provides an extended toolkit of filters:
- dropdown filters provide you with selectable lists of values for Filtering;
- free text and global filters allow you to enter custom text queries or regular expressions for Filtering of specific table columns or the whole table at once;
- with number filters you can define the range of numeric values you are interested in;
- date filters let you select the time period you want to view;
- visual filters give you an opportunity to filter media content, such as icons, images, emoticons, and so on.
Let's edit the page and insert this macro. After saving the page, we can add two drop-down filters for the Sprint Status and Supported Confluence Versions columns, and a number filter for the Sprint Duration in Weeks column.
Once done, let's find only the sprints with the Closed and In Progress statuses. For doing this you can either select these two values in the dropdown filter or select 'Open' but switch the filter into the reverted mode by clicking '=' on the Filtering pane.
The other thing that you may get interested in is sprints with the duration not exceeding 2 weeks. You can just enter '2' in the To field of the number filter and here they are.
And the last thing we are going to do is to find out sprints that support Confluence 5.6.x and 5.7.x. I use the dropdown filter for selecting them, and that's all. For the correct processing of multiple values delimited with some character, you need to use the Cell Value Delimiter option within the macro settings. As an alternative to the drop-down filter, you can add a free text filter and enter here a regular expression '5.6.x|5.7.x'. The final result will be the same.
Autor: Vadim Rutkevich, StiltSoft
- Analyze Page Metadata in Atlassian Confluence – with Table Filter and Charts add-on and Metadata for Confluence